What Our Survivors Say...
Breast cancer Warrior Goddess boudoir
For several years now I have been specializing in women’s portraiture and empowering and instilling confidence in women with award winning boudoir photography. In October of 2017, I dedicated myself to giving back to breast cancer survivors in my local community of women, by donating sessions to survivors. To date I have donated over 55 breast cancer boudoir sessions, and over $37,000 to these women.
Why this type of session helps survivors:
- Breast cancer survivors get to see their beauty in a new way
- It helps to get comfortable in their “new” body
- It redefines and re-connects who they are as woman after their diagnosis
- Helps to forget about their scars
I have photographed women at various stages in their diagnosis from those just diagnosed to 10-year survivors. Each and every woman has a powerful story of strength, reliance and renewed love of life and connection. I have felt so blessed to meet each and every one of these women and their stories of survival and strength have touched me deeply.
If you are a survivor, I am here for you. I want to hear your story and share your pain and re-birth into a new version of yourself.
- I understand that you have changed
- I understand that you look and feel differently about yourself
- I understand that you don’t recognize the women in the mirror
- I hear you when you tell me that your hormones have put you into pre-menopause and you ‘ve gained weight
- I understand that you have scars and that scares you
- I understand that your reconstruction doesn’t look like the breasts you had before
- I understand that your breasts are a part of how you identify as a woman and that reconstruction is NOT the same thing as augmentation
- I understand that you hair hasn’t grown back the way it was and that my have been your signature look your entire life until now
- I understand that you have put your sensuality on hold as you have negotiated your own survival
I am here to tell you that I can help you!
- I can help you feel like a woman again
- I can help you bring that part of yourself that has been put on hold or in a box
- I can help you re-connect with that missing part of you that is the key to regaining your self-esteem and confidence
~ By giving yourself permission to be you and to feel pretty,
You will feel comfortable in your own skin and you will finally feel beautiful in the skin that you are in ~
You see all women have a beautiful inner light of femininity. By trusting me to guide you through the process of trying on lingerie, finding outfits that accentuate your best features, having your hair and makeup done, sipping champagne and listening to your favorite music. All you have to do is feel beautiful and pampered. You will forget your scars. You will forget that your body looks different. You will forget that your hair is thinned or looks completely different. All you will know is that YOU ARE FABULOUS. I will be there to guide you through the process and treat you like the goddess that you are. And then something will spark inside of you that hasn’t happened in a long time.
- Prepare to feel amazing
- Prepare to take back your life and move forward
- Prepare for the rest of your life and living it to the fullest
- Prepare to regain your sex life and sensuality ~ because nothing is sexier than a confident woman
Because even though this terrible thing has happened to you it has made you realize how precious life is and that our time here is very short so we should live it to the fullest and surround ourselves with positivity, love and joy in our lives.
WHY SHOULD YOU NOMINATE SOMEONE FOR A BREAST CAnCER BOUDOIR SESSION?
Chances are you, a family member or a close friend has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Or maybe you work with someone who is a survivor. ALL survivors of any age or time since diagnosis can be included in our Warrior Goddess Movement!
Did You Know?
About 1 in 8 U.S. women (about 12.4%) will develop invasive breast cancer over the course of her lifetime.
As of January 2020, there are more than 3.5 million women with a history of breast cancer in the U.S. This includes women currently being treated and women who have finished treatment.
Warrior Goddess Session Includes
Each nominee will need to fill out our questionnaire online. Every Survivor is considered for our complimentary Warrior Goddess session and, we’ll email them that they have been nominated by You for the possibiltiy of a luxurious women’s portrait session in our studio. This includes an in-person consultation to meet with us in person, share their story, and to custom design their session to fit their individual personality and style. We have a full wardrobe at the studio to keep it simple and stress fee and we do custom lingerie fittings on the day of the in-person consultation. Many of the women say that just trying on the lingerie starts to make them feel more feminine and beautiful. On session day they will receive lots of encouragement and VIP treatment from my team. We will have their favorite music playing, champagne with empowering and healing feminine energy.
Please send me your nominations of deserving Breast Cancer Survivors close to you or feel free to NOMINATE YOURSELF.
I have been a portrait photographer for the past 14 years and over the past 5 years I have been specializing in women’s portraiture and empowering and instilling confidence in women. In October 2017, I had a scare with breast cancer. While waiting for my procedure I was up close and personal with one of the amazing nurses and I was talking about what I do when she mentioned that she had a friend who had recently undergone breast cancer treatment with a double mastectomy, reconstruction and that the cancer had returned and she was receiving chemo therapy. She wanted to see if she could pay for a session for her because she felt it could help her. With my own scare, my mother is a survivor and my aunt a survivor, I have seen so many people in my life affected by breast cancer directly and indirectly. I decided right then and there that I needed to donate the session for her friend. After completing her session and seeing how beautiful and transformative and impactful the session had been for her and her husband, I decide to donate 10 more sessions. Well 10 turned into 20 and now my mission now is to give back to as many of these women as I can with my art and what I do best. To help them to see their beauty in a new way, to get comfortable in their “new” body and to redefine and re-connect who they are as woman after their diagnosis. I have photographed women at various stages in their diagnosis from those just diagnosed to 10-year survivors. Each and every woman has a powerful story of strength, reliance and re-newed love of life and connection. I have felt so blessed to have met each and every one of them and to their stories of survival and strength have touched me deeply. I would like to continue to do this much needed “therapy” with these women as I now see that it’s my driving force and the best way that my art and creativity can be used to help others.
Some lessons I’ve learned from these amazing warrior women:
- Be your own advocate, seek multiple opinions and make an informed decision about your treatment
- Be vigilant with your check-ups and mammograms
- Listen to your body, denial and procrastination will only make things worse
- Don’t try to do this alone, there is a sisterhood of women who are going through exactly what you are and they want to help you – take the help
- Live life to the fullest and stay positive, get rid of the negativity and stressors in your life
- Seize the day and follow your heart, because each day is a blessing